Recommended iPad Apps for Attorneys
If you already have an application for your iPhone, simply sync them to iPad from your Mac or PC. They run in their original size or you can expand them to fill the iPad screen. Simply click on the highlighted app to learn more details and to purchase.
- Omega OnTheGo: Omega Reporting’s Omega OnTheGo app for Android is a resource for legal professionals to schedule a court reporter and videographer for depositions and/or hearings, order transcripts, access your transcripts and exhibits on our secure online repository, calculate an estimated cost for a transcript, find directions to our office, and more.
- The American Lawyer: The nation’s leading legal monthly magazine now accessible through an iPad app.
- Weather Channel: The Weather Channel Max for IPad delivers in-depth weather, innovative maps, a robust video library, plus so much more. This app is great for the traveling professional!
- Evernote: From notes to ideas to snapshots to recordings, put it all into Evernote and watch as it instantly synchronizes from your iPad to your Mac or Windows desktop.
- Dropbox: Easy way to sync and share files online and across computers.
- Facebook: Stay connected and share information with friends and colleagues with one of the number-one social media networks.
- Twitter: Discover what’s happening right now anywhere in the world.
- Banner & Witcoff’s IP Lawyer: Banner & Witcoff’s IP Lawyer is a free iPhone/iPad application providing full search access to patents issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and to a comprehensive library with up-to-date news and information on patent legislation, court rules, and laws by jurisdiction.
- Fastcase for the iPhone/iPad is a free legal research application, putting the American law library in the palm of your hand. Fastcase contains cases and statutes from all 50 states and from the federal government. You can search by citation, keyword (in Boolean or natural language), or browse statute collections.
- Square: Accept credit cards and cash on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with your free Square Card Reader. It’s only 2.75% per swipe for Visa, American Express, MasterCard and Discover. No contracts, monthly fees or merchant accounts. Funds are deposited into your bank account the next day. Square Card Reader makes it easy for anyone to accept payments, anywhere.
- ScanLife: ScanLife turns your camera phone into an all-in-one QR and barcode reader to launch content in a matter of seconds! No log in, just scan & go.
- Hipmunk: Hipmunk takes the agony out of flight & hotel search. With Hipmunk you’ll see all the relevant flights on a timeline, helping you visualize the right choice. Unlike every other app out there, Hipmunk doesn’t just show you the cheapest flight first — the app instead sorts by “agony,” which incorporates important factors like how long you’ll be traveling and how many stops you’ll make. Hotel results are shown on a map so that you can see exactly where you’ll be staying. You can also turn on heatmaps that will show you the best areas to stay based on unique interests like food, landmarks, nightlife and more.
- Microsoft Outlook: nient spot. Newly redesigned, Outlook for iOS lets you do more from one powerful inbox.
See what matters most first with the Focused inbox that keeps the important messages on top. Switch between your emails and calendar to schedule your next meeting or share your availability with just a few taps. Or grab a document from your Files list and attach it to an email seamlessly.
- Microsoft Word: Now Word documents look better than ever on your tablet and phone. When you edit or create documents, you can be confident they will look exactly how you want across PC, Mac, tablet and phone. Word has the familiar Office look and feel along with an intuitive touch experience, so you’ll be up and running in no time.
On iPhone, iPad Air, and iPad mini, the core Word experience, including viewing, creating, and editing documents, is free. Or unlock the full Word experience with a qualifying Office 365 subscription. On iPad Pro, you need Office 365 to create and edit documents.
- Microsoft PowerPoint: Now PowerPoint presentations look great on your tablet and phone. When you edit or create presentations, you can be confident that they will look exactly how you want across PC, Mac, tablet and phone. PowerPoint has the familiar Office look and feel along with an intuitive touch experience, so you’ll be up and running in no time. On iPhone, iPad Air, and iPad mini, the core PowerPoint experience, including viewing, creating, and editing presentations, is free.
- LawStack: A legal library in your pocket. LawStack comes preloaded with the following: US Constitution, Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure, Federal Rules of Appellate Procedure, Federal Rules of Evidence, and Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure.
- Skype: Skype is a software application that allows users to make voice and video calls and chat over the Internet with the click of a mouse. With the advancement of this technology, sharing information has never been easier. With the high costs of airline travel and the expenses associated with it comes the need to find affordable solutions to take depositions critical to a litigator’s case.
- GoToMeeting: Another great option to hold remote depositions.
- TripIt: Organize your travel plans in one place with TripIt® from Concur. Simply forward your travel confirmation emails to firstname.lastname@example.org and TripIt automagically creates a detailed daily itinerary for every trip.
- Evernote Scannable: Scannable moves paper forward. Scan contracts, receipts, business cards, and any paper that comes your way. Save or share documents instantly and move on. Great for scanning business cards especially and connect via LinkedIn.
- iJuror: iJuror’s focus is on the jury selection process.
- Jury Tracker: Jury Tracker facilitates the collection jury information and observations about jurors during trial.
- The Deponent App: The Deponent App is a deposition question and exhibit outline application for lawyers. Attorneys can select over 150 deposition questions by Categories, including Admonitions or Expert Qualifications; organize the order of questions; and customize the questions for their witnesses. Each question can also be linked to an exhibit. Attorneys can also create their own Categories and Questions.
- Desktop: Ever wanted to have a web browser open while writing an e-mail or a map open while looking at the weather? Desktop allows you to perform these tasks by providing split-screen multitasking environment in which you can open and interact with any two of its bundled tools and utilities simultaneously.
- ReaddleDocs: ReaddleDocs is all-in-one document reader for iPhone and iPod Touch. It can catch documents from any source you can imagine: PC or Mac computers, websites, email attachments, iDisk, ReaddleDocs features outstanding PDF viewer that: opens large PDFs, supports full text search, has text reflow mode, handles PDF links and outlines, opens password protected documents, and extracts text from the PDFs.
- GoodReader: Transfer files directly from your computer over a USB cable, Wi-Fi connection, Internet, or e-mail attachments. PDF Reflow feature reading documents is a pleasure because it extracts pure text from PDF files and automatically wraps words.
- Keynote: Create amazing presentations, complete with animated charts and transitions.
- iAnnotate PDF: PDF reader and powerful annotation tool that lets you work with your PDFs.
- Pages: Pages is most beautiful word processing app ever designed for a mobile device. Pages has everything you need to create and share documents, including templates, easy-to-use formatting options and layout tools.
- Federal Civil Procedure by Matt Miller: The Federal Rules of Civil Procedure app for the iPhone and iPad — essential for the legal professional on the go.
- ScannerPro: Scanner Pro transforms your iPhone and the new iPad into portable scanners. It allows you to scan checks, agreements, whiteboards, pages and even multipage documents. After scanning you can email them or upload to Dropbox, Google Docs and Evernote.
More Apps to Consider
- Documents to Go Premium: Support viewing and editing of Word, Excel and PowerPoint files.
- Quick Office Connect Mobile Suite: Takes mobile productivity to the next level. Full control of creating, editing, formatting, accessing and sharing Word, Excel spreadsheets. Connected Filemanager also enables to remotely access, transfer, share and manage your files on remote storage service providers such as Dropbox, MobileMe, Box.net.
- LogMein Ignition: Remotely access one or more computers anywhere, any time. So you never have to worry about leaving anything behind.
- Navigon: (Highly recommended) With NAVIGON you can turn your iPhone or iPad into a fully functional mobile navigation system. Thanks to a faithful adaptation of the menu functions, the app fits in seamlessly with the iOS operating concept and can be installed on any iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S or iPad device (the navigation function is only available on the iPad WiFi +3G).
- TranscriptPad: This paperless tool puts multiple transcripts right in the palm of your hand. Read hands-free, create color-coded designations based on user generated issue codes, flag or email critical sections, generate reports to email or print. Transcripts must be in TXT format, and any exhibits in PDF format.