Three court reporters share their picks for apps aimed to improve court reporters’ productivity. I was honored to have had the ability to collaborate with Keith Lemons and Sandy VanderPol on this article series.
There’s an app for that . . .
In today’s ever-changing world of technology, the smartphones and tablets are the hottest “gadgets” around! They are definitely more than a cool toy – they offer so many productive applications for court reporters, legal professionals, and students alike.
The following is a list of top reasons to consider using a smartphone or tablet to its full potential, as these instruments are workhorses and more than a way to communicate via email and/or voice.
- affordable price
- great alternative to laptop (lightweight)
- boots up quickly
- longer-lasting battery than a laptop
- improves productivity — one smartphone can accomplish duties of multiple gadgets
- more than 900,000 current apps in the App Store, over 1 million current apps in Google Play, and over 100,000 current apps for Windows 8
- view and annotate PDF and Word docs on the go
- calendar at a glance
- email and keep up with client communication at your fingertips
- striving to go paperless made easy