If you are a court reporter who uses Case CATalyst software for your realtime output and have experienced issues with your feed suddenly stopping, you can follow the below steps to correct that problem like I did.
I currently have a Diamante writer, have the current version of Case CATalyst, and a laptop with Windows 8 operating system.
1. Go to Control Panel.
2. Next, go to Hardware and Sound.
3. Click on Power Options.
4. Choose Power Plan.
5. Select High Performance.
6. Go to Change Plan Settings.
7. Next, select Change Advanced Power Settings.
8. Click on USB Settings.
9. Next, USB Selective Suspension.
10. Select Disable for both “on battery” and “plugged in”.
11. Click on Apply and that’s it!
Technology is great!