The 2012 ABA Tech Survey is out, and this year’s report reveals a surge in iPhone/iPad usage among attorneys. Jeff Richardson, a/k/a iPhone J.D., has a great blog post revealing more statistics about this report. According to his post, 89% of attorneys use smartphones for a law-related task and 33% of attorneys reported use of a tablet device (91% of these used an iPad).
If you and your firm utilize an Apple product in your practice, you can be assured you will be fully supported when using Omega Reporting (Memphis court reporters) — your “Mac Reporter.” Below are the top eight resources we offer to help you with your deposition and hearing needs when using your Mac.
1. Omega OnTheGo – excellent resource for legal professionals to schedule a certified court reporter and videographer for depositions and/or hearings, order transcripts, access your transcripts and exhibits on our secure online repository, calculate an estimated cost for a transcript, find directions to our office, and more.
2. Full-service website – go-to resource for online scheduling, transcript order form, recommended iPad apps, and much more.
4. Written tutorial on how to access/read your electronic transcript on an iPad.
5. Our website is mobile-enabled. Simply bookmark our site on your iPhone or iPad for easy access at your fingertips!
6. Just getting started on your iPad and don’t know which apps to download? Free and low-cost recommendations are on our website.
7. Realtime has never been easier to receive a feed on your iPad. Call and ask us for a demonstration.
8. Our secure online repository, i-Tran, is an excellent resource for our clients to access their transcripts 24/7. i-Tran is a cross-platform tool and is not browser specific — go ahead and use Safari, Firefox, or Google Chrome to access your transcripts and our website.
Omega Reporting was cited in an ABA online article by Victoria L. Herring, The iPad for Trial and Litigation, Vol. 28 No. 4. We love the Apple products (especially the iPad and iPhone) and use them extensively daily in our court reporting business.